Lorenzo de’ Medici Restaurant
is Glad to Tell its Tale
From Humble Beginnings
Lorenzo de’ Medici Restaurant started its business in 1950 following the traditional Tuscan cuisine.
All the ingredients which we use come from Florence, beginning from the near San Lorenzo Market passing by our small local producers.
Within ten years our business grew and developed, reaching our outstanding standards about service and food, achieving our attentive selection on involved ingredients.
After Florence flood in 1966, renovation work has been carried out, keeping the rustic style, in spite of the improvements which we strive to put in place everyday.
We Source Small Local Growers and Producers
Our suppliers belong to the Florentine and Tuscan area
allowing us to get the freshest and the most genuine products, to always keep high the quality of our courses, in a pure Made in Italy style.
Our Love for Food is Completely Italian
Since 1990 the restaurant has added to its menu even the most famous italian courses.
We have free Wi-Fi available, to satisfy our guests needs about browsing on the Internet.
We are really attentive about our guests needs, therefore we are provided of the best cooking and entertainment technologies, in order to give you the chance to enjoy a great meal, the Italian way.
Our Restaurant is close to Medici Chapels, within few meters from the back of Basilica of St Lawrence.